POLARIS has been developed to be platform independent and was tested with g++, Cygwin, and Visual Studio Native Compiler.
The code is continuously in development to keep up with scientific progress especially in the field of grain alignment theory.
Work in progress
- Mechanical alignment of dust grains in sub-sonic environments
- Enhanced grain alignment due to pinwheel torques
- Scattering on non-spherical partially aligned dust grains
- Goldreich-Kylafis effect
- Emission of spinning nano-grains
- Incorporation of lines emissions from an OPIATE database with fits support
- Automatic calculation of characteristic alignment timescales to confirm MHD-data
- Partial diffusion approximation (PDA) to further optimize the dust heating process
- Line radiative transfer with multi-level populations